Ooooooo I have a treat for you today! Its time to share a rather delicious recipe with you which can be enjoyed by all the family well as long as they like almonds and raspberries that is!
A little while ago the lovely people over at OXO sent me this cool 3 Piece Berry Bowl and Colander Set. I had a mission in front of me to make use of this set and come up with something tasty to make that included berries......hmmm not to hard for someone that is only too happy to bake! I saw this fabulous recipe a little while ago and new I just had to recreate it, this being the perfect opportunity! The only difference's was I used vanilla essence instead of almond extract and I made them into bigger cookies bites.........
3 cups Almond Meal
18 Fresh Raspberries
¼ tsp Kosher Salt
½ tsp Baking Soda
1/3 cup Honey
2 Tbl Liquid Coconut Oil
½ tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tsp Cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to a medium heat and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Rinse raspberries under the tap in your OXO Berry Colander then leave to dry off.
3. Put the almond flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl and mix until combined.
4. Add the oil, honey, vanilla extract and egg to a smaller bowl and combine.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry and using a fork mix together until it becomes a soft dough.
6. Place dough in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up to make it easier to work with.
7. Once the dough is ready take small amounts and flatten out on your hand, place a raspberry in the middle then fold round the dough round it. Without crushing the berry make a small ball then place on the tray and continue until all the dough is used up.
8. It is a good idea to keep a wet cloth close by as your hands will get sticky and need wiping. Once you have made all the bits wet each one with a little water and place some sliced almonds on top then sprinkle with cinnamon.
9. Bake for 13-15 minutes then when browned remove from the oven and cool for 5-10 minutes.
These turned out perfectly and everyone that tried them gave a big thumbs up and said how tasty they are, these are definitely being put on the make again list! They are not too sweet either which is what I really liked about them and that burst of raspberry in the middle is just awesome : )
So what did I think of the OXO Berry Colander?? Well I think, like all the OXO stuff I have tried, its great. I love the colour, the non slip base which is very handy when you have a marble counter top, the fact I can rinse the berries leave them to drip in the bottom bowl and cover them while being out on the side. Its a great piece of kitchen equipment, is BPA free and at £15 its a good price also. If your in the market for a new colander you can't go far wrong with this one : )